June 10th 2020, 2:30 PM CEST
As we begin to examine how to shape the post-COVID recovery, it is clear that building resilience will be vital to ensure businesses, communities and people can survive future existential threats, one of the more pressing being climate change.
Join us for a free webinar on 10th June to hear from climate leaders about why Climate Action is still Everyone’s Business, with the SME Exponential Race To Zero on the agenda. Our special guests from the International Chamber of Commerce, Cop25, WE MEAN BUSINESS and UN Climate Change Conference – COP26 will discuss what kind of collective action needs to be taken to achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement, while creating jobs, reducing inequalities and safeguarding the global economy.
June 5th 2020, 12:00–12:30 EEST (Helsinki)
On World Environment Day, join this exciting and fast-paced half-day event for broadcast on the pioneering commitments that are driving environmental action in the public, private and university setting. Even more, come learn about the socio-ecological drivers of biodiversity loss, an expert panel discussion, biodiversity solutions and desirable visions for the future 🌍
Owen Gaffney, Co founder Exponential Roadmap Initiative, will discuss 3 opportunities for transformation – exponential thinking, technology, and The 1.5°C Business Playbook.
Earth Day Week
Join us on April 20 – 24
Earth Day Network and Exponential Roadmap would like to invite you for the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day. Come and join a public, free, online, no-fly climate conference, featuring the brightest minds to discuss solutions to the climate crisis. Various live talks and other shows will be sent from Washington DC and Stockholm, more cities will join soon.
8 May 2020, 13:00 – 15:00
In parallel with the urgent management of the corona crisis, companies’ development work to become fossil-free is increasingly important, not least to develop the business and strengthen competitiveness in a troubled time.
The demands on climate strategies and clear targets are increasingly being set by investors, lending institutions, employees and, not least, customers.
The Exponential Roadmap Initiative therefore invites you to a webinar where the tools 1.5 Business Playbook and Science Based Targets initiative are presented, and let us take a closer look at the obstacles and opportunities that exist at different levels in the work with strategies and climate goals.
Exponential Roadmap Breakfast: 36 Solutions to Halve Emissions by 2030
Sun, September 22, 2019.
7:30 AM – 9:30 AM EDT
- Professor Dr. Johan Rockström, Director, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
- Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, Leader of World Wide Fund for Nature’s Global Climate and Energy Practice
- Heather Johnson, Head of Sustainability & Corporate Responsibility, Ericsson
- Henrik Henriksson, CEO, Scania
- Johan Falk, Lead Author, Stockholm Resilience Centre, Future Earth
- Owen Gaffney, Lead Author, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Stockholm Resilience Centre
Technology's Role in Building a Sustainable Future
Jan 24, 2019
Webinar Event on the Exponential Climate Action Roadmap
Originally broadcasted 11 January, 2019
- What are the key takeaways from the IPCC 1.5 report and COP24?
- What are the key take-aways from the Exponential Climate Action Roadmap?
- What solutions exist to halve Carbon Emissions by 2030 and how?
- Can Climate Leadership, policy and digital technology radically accelerate solutions?