About Energy Edge
The Energy Edge program aims to accelerate the green energy transition by supporting five sustainability start-ups and scale-ups with the goal of advancing digital and disruptive energy innovations. It is a partnership between Accenture, Exponential Roadmap Initiative and Microsoft.
The sustainability start-ups and scale-ups participating in the Energy Edge accelerator program have been selected based on their innovation solution and the potential to scale their business globally.
The selected start-ups in the first cohort include:
- Enjay Systems, a developer of heat-exchange equipment that recovers energy from excess heat in polluted exhaust air
- Midsummer, a producer of discrete solar cell roofs manufactured in Sweden
- Ngenic, an energy technology company that digitizes and streamlines energy systems through various products,
- Sally R, a cloud-based service for commercial real estate to achieve energy savings and improved air quality,
- Spotscale, a software that detects energy leaks and construction deficiencies in roofs and facades.
Through accelerator sprints, the five startups will have access to business, energy and technology experts with a particular focus on AI development from Accenture Sweden, Exponential Roadmap Initiative and Microsoft Sweden. Participants will benefit from skill-building sessions, networking events, marketing activities and solution-progressing workshops.
The program accelerates innovative digital solutions that are disruptive and at the front of tech development – at the energy edge.
A study by Accenture and World Economic Forum shows that digital solutions can significantly accelerate net zero trajectories in the energy sector, where digital use cases can deliver up to 8% of GHG reductions by 2050.
The Energy Edge solutions can, thereby, lead to a more resilient, sustainable and cost-effective energy system.