Communications Specialist at Leading Exponential Climate Action Initiative
We are looking for a communications specialist in the climate field with an entrepreneurial mindset helping strengthen our brand. Would you like to accelerate the communication of game-changing climate action projects with exponential scaling potential? Apply today to become the Communications Specialist of Exponential Roadmap Initiative.
Please send your application (CV and Cover Letter) and potential questions to: Alva Jonevret, Business & Project Manager, email@example.com. Review of applications and recruitment is handled on an ongoing basis.
About the Exponential Roadmap Initiative
The Exponential Roadmap Initiative is a leading climate-action initiative with a record of leading-edge projects with global impact. We are anchored in the latest climate science, working closely with Stockholm Resilience Centre, WWF and Potsdam Institute of Climate Impact Research, whose director Johan Rockström is Chair of Exponential Roadmap Initiative.
We bring together innovators, transformers and disruptors taking climate action in line with science, with the mission to halve emissions before 2030 through exponential climate action and solutions. Our ecosystem of partners (including Google, Microsoft, Spotify, Ericsson, IKEA and more) represent roughly 800 BN USD in revenue and 1.7 million employees.
We are an accredited partner of the United Nations’ Race to Zero campaign, and are working directly with our partners who contribute to the global scale-out of the narrative to halve global emissions by 2030 through exponential climate action projects such as the 1.5°C Business Playbook. Launched in 2020 at the World Economic Forum in Davos, together with Christiana Figueres and Johan Rockström, the Playbook is endorsed by our partners, representing roughly 800 BN USD in revenue and 1.7 million employees.
The initiative follows a lean startup approach, is independent and anchored in the latest science, and agile in structure. We work collaboratively with partners such as the United Nations’ Race to Zero, the We Mean Business Coalition and leading multinationals on projects such as the Exponential Roadmap, 1.5°C Business Playbook, 1.5°C Supply Chain Leaders and SME Climate Hub. Read more about these projects below.
About the role
As a Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for the initiative’s external communication and accelerate the initiative to the next level. You will develop and execute communications plans, work together with our member companies to amplify leading edge climate action stories from multinationals and climate organisations. You will work alongside our team members on a wide array of tasks including social media campaigns, newsletters and press announcements. All projects are anchored in the latest climate science, aiming to accelerate climate action and solutions exponentially to halve global emissions before 2030. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the initiative’s online presence on social media platforms (LinkedIn & Twitter)
- Coordinating communication campaigns and announcements with multiple stakeholders (member companies and other organisations)
- Crafting and updating web content
- Together with team: setting communications plans and strategies
- Collaborating closely with team members on various climate action projects and contributing from a communications perspective
We are looking for:
A communications specialist being part of our fast-growing climate initiative. Specific skills and abilities include:
- Knowledge and experience of digital marketing channels (e.g. social media)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with partners of all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills. Able to lead multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills (English)
- Preferably skills within graphic design
Education and experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree
- Understanding of key sustainability issues and trends
- A keen interest in sustainability, and an eagerness to learn more
- Professional proficiency in English
Remote work is possible. The team is primarily based in Stockholm, Sweden. We would like you to start at the end of 2021/beginning of 2022.
Review of applications and recruitment handled on an ongoing basis.
We are open to other backgrounds and degrees if we find the right person. It is not required for you to know all of these areas, the more you do know about each of them – even at a basic level – the better.