Project Manager at Leading Initiative for Exponential Climate Action
We are looking for project managers with strong entrepreneurial and organizational skills. Would you like to collaborate with world-leading businesses and organisations by establishing and driving game-changing climate action projects with exponential scaling potential?
Please send your application (CV and Cover Letter) and potential questions to: Alva Jonevret, Business & Project Manager, Exponential Roadmap Initiative, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications and recruitment is handled on an ongoing basis.
About the Exponential Roadmap Initiative
The Exponential Roadmap Initiative is a leading climate-action initiative with a record of leading-edge projects with global impact. We are anchored in the latest climate science, working closely with Stockholm Resilience Centre, WWF and Potsdam Institute of Climate Impact Research, whose director Johan Rockström is Chair of Exponential Roadmap Initiative.
We bring together innovators, transformers and disruptors taking climate action in line with science, with the mission to halve emissions before 2030 through exponential climate action and solutions. Our ecosystem of partners (including Google, Microsoft, Spotify, Ericsson, IKEA and more) represent roughly 800 BN USD in revenue and 1.7 million employees.
We are an accredited partner of the United Nations’ Race to Zero campaign, and are working directly with our partners who contribute to the global scale-out of the narrative to halve global emissions by 2030 through exponential climate action projects such as the 1.5°C Business Playbook. Launched in 2020 at the World Economic Forum in Davos, together with Christiana Figueres and Johan Rockström, the Playbook is endorsed by our partners, representing roughly 800 BN USD in revenue and 1.7 million employees.
We follow a lean startup approach, are independent and anchored in the latest science, and are agile in structure. We work collaboratively with partners such as the United Nations’ Race to Zero, the We Mean Business Coalition and leading multinationals on projects such as the Exponential Roadmap, 1.5°C Business Playbook, 1.5°C Supply Chain Leaders and SME Climate Hub. Read more about these projects below.
About the role
As a project manager, you will establish and drive unique, game-changing business and climate action projects with exponential scaling potential. You will work together with and engage team members in a wide array of tasks. The role involves multi-stakeholder coordination, primarily with our member companies and climate organisations. You will be directly involved in setting a strategy, roadmap and plan to drive projects from starting point to delivery. All projects are anchored in the latest climate science, aiming to accelerate climate action and solutions exponentially to halve global emissions by 2030. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strategically driving project portfolio management
- Establishing projects, projects plan, organization, structure, team.
- Multi-stakeholder coordination and stakeholder management
- Collaboration and building up teams
- Conducting trainings, events and workshops
- Report results to key stakeholders.
We are looking for:
A project manager in the climate field with an entrepreneurial mindset and a broad skill set accustomed to driving both innovation and development projects with multiple stakeholders. Specific skills and abilities include:
- Very strong project management with skill set for multi-stakeholder projects
- Highly organized and result-driven with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Flexibility and motivation to take on big challenges
- High work ethic, problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Entrepreneurial skills to build projects and operations
- Budget management and reporting skills and experience
- Share our mission to contribute to our global mission to halve emissions by 2030
Education and experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree
- Experience in establishing and driving multi-stakeholder projects applying agile and lean-start-up methodologies
- Experience from working with business customers and clients and other stakeholders
- Professional proficiency in English
- Climate and sustainability knowledge and insight
The position is located in Stockholm, Sweden and we perform work both from our central office hub(s) and remotely, based on what is most efficient. We would like you to start at the end of 2021/beginning of 2022.
We are open to other backgrounds and degrees if we find the right person, as well as the person working entirely remotely.